Thursday, December 21, 2017

Summer Learning Journey

Activity:It was common for women in the 1950s to stay home with their children and raise their family. They were called ‘housewives.’ Many housewives followed a simple rule when they prepared the evening meal: the ‘meat and three veg’ rule. This meant that they prepared dinners that included three different vegetables and a type of meat (eg. beef, lamb, or chicken).

On your blog tell us if you think that the ‘meat and three veg’ rule is a good one. Do you like the rule? Would you enjoy eating a typical 1950s dinner? Why or why not?

I think I would enjoy the 3 meat and veg, I like most meats, but I eat the ones I dont like to much. The 3 meat and veg dish I would probally like the most would be chicken, roast potatoes, carrots and corn. Also its good for you if you eat your vegtables and meat, so you stay healty thats also why I like the rule.

Image result for chicken on a  plateImage result for cooked carrotsImage result for cooked corn
Image result for roast potatoes

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bridget,

    My name's Ruby and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you this summer during the Summer Learning Journey. Great to see that you have been powering your way through the activities. Well done!

    Those are some good reasons why you would enjoy this type of dinner. I think it would help you to stay fairly healthy as well. Although I'm sure there are healthier options out there!
    Your favourite combination seems like it would be very yummy and I really like how you have added pictures to show us what you mean.
    My favourite would be the same as yours but I would swap the corn for broccoli because I don't like corn very much.

    What is your favourite dinner at the moment? Mine is a yummy chicken pie.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.