Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Summer Learning Journey (Bonus)

Activity:When World War II ended, a number of people from Europe moved to New Zealand looking for a peaceful place to live and raise a family. When they came, they brought recipes and foods from their native countries with them, including hamburgers, pizza and other delicious foods.

I usually have a chocolate chip cookie with my tea. I love biscuits! What is your favourite sweet treat or dessert? Use google to find a recipe for it. Type the recipe out on your blog. Make sure you also include a picture.

Chewy Brownie:

Ingredients:
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup melted butter
2 cups white sugar
2 egg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration

Directions:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line one 9x13 inch pan with greased parchment paper.

Combine the cocoa, melted butter, sugar, eggs, salt , flour and vanilla. Mix until well combined. It should be very thick and sticky.

Spread mixture into the prepared pan. Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Image result for chewy brownie

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bridget

    Yum!! This brownie looks really delicious!! I like that it is a chewy brownie.
    Have you made this before? Maybe you could ask Mum or Nana or someone if you could make it in the holidays. You could have fun and ice it with a different coloured icing or decorate it with lollies!

    I like to make Anzac biscuits! they are really yummy especially when they are hot and just come out of the oven. I always sneak one when everyone is not looking. Shh don't tell anyone.

    Good work Bridget!

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allie, I haven't made this type of brownie before or any brownie, I'm slowly getting better at my cooking, if my nana comes over I will ask her if we can make the brownie and I will update the picture. Also dont worry im guilty of sneaking some of my nana's muffins if she makes them when she comes over. Thanks for the comment,Bye!

      Delete
  2. Hi Bridget

    Yum!! Baking with Nana is always good fun. Doesn't matter what you make its just fun.

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.