Sunday, January 12, 2020

SLJ Week 2 Day 3 Activity 2: The Right to an Education

For this activity, we would like you like you to write a short story. The story can be about anything that you wish but to receive full points it must be at least 10 sentences long!
On your blog, share your short story. We can’t wait to read it!
For this activity I'm going to write a story about a young adventurous llama.

Larry The Llamas Adventure...
Once upon a time lived a young, fluffy, little llama named Larry. Larry loved to explore, every morning he would wake up at 7am and eat some hay. Larry would then say goodbye to his Mum and Dad and would run, skip, and bounce around the fields near his house. One day Larry woke up to see an angry old man with a long grey beard take his mother and father away. Larry ran back to his room and hid until he heard the sound of an engine slowly fade away. Young Larry was scared for life and Larry was only 2 years old when this tragic event happened...

8 years later...

Larry was now 10 years old and had been living in fear for most of his life. But one day Larry woke up early in the morning at 4am and decided he would find that mean old man. Larry knew this was going to be a hard task, he had no idea where his parents would be or where the old man had taken them. But Larry was determined to find his parents so he started walking down an old gravel path... The path Larry was walking down was old but he knew the old man had driven off down this road with his parents. Larry continued to walk down the road, his anxiety rising with each step he took. Larry was axious, curious, nervous & determined all at once. Larry heard something that sounded like a llama calling, but he thought to himself "nope, it's not real just ignore it". Larry kept walking and the llamas got louder, Larry looked to where the noise was coming from and it was a stable just like his house. Larry ran over towards the stable and saw the old man... But the old man was petting the llama and feeding it. Larry looked around at all the llamas amazed and he recognised two... It was Larry's parents! Larry sprinted over towards them and gave them a hug, they were finally re-united. So everything worked out happily ever after, the old man wasn't actually bad and Larry was re-united with his parents.

(This was a bit of a weird story and I had no idea what I was going to write about and I thought of this. Also this story is kind of long but I hope it's ok.)

3 comments:

  1. Wow Bridget!

    Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! You have gone above and beyond! This is such a cool story! I loved reading it. It made me smile so much! Thank you for writing so much!

    You have structured your story so well! I love how you started the story when Larry was a baby then continued it when he was 10! It made me feel so happy for him when he was finally reunited with his family after so many years!

    You used some really interesting words! It added another level of interest to your story! I especially liked how you said he would “bounce around the fields.” That made me picture a really happy baby llama! I also liked the part where you described how he felt when he was walking down the old road. I could very easily sympathise with how he felt because you did such a good job of describing all the emotions he was feeling.

    How did you think of this story? It is so well thought through! Did you just come up with it or have you been thinking about it for a while?

    You really did a fantastic job with this one Bridget! I am truly blown away!

    Matilda :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again Matilda, thanks for commenting on my blog!

      I didn't think this story was that good but I'm glad you enjoyed it :).

      I've always followed the simple structure scaffold my teacher made us write in since year 3, it works really well.

      I do try make stories I write interesting, whether it is about a panini or an information report. I also try well to keep readers interested and I've been trying to expand my vocabulary.

      How I thought of this story was really weird because I was up at like 11pm doing the Summer Learning Journey then this activity came up and I had no idea what to write about. So I looked around my room and I saw my llama inflatable and thought a story about a llama would be fun, and then I wrote this story.

      Again thanks for commenting on my blog and I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

      -Bridget :)

      Delete
    2. Hey!

      Your story definitely had me interested! I loved it!

      What is the structure that your teacher taught you? I'd love if you could explain it to me. It clearly works really well!

      It is such a good skill that you can get inspiration from just looking around your room! I think that will come in very handy the more you write!

      Matilda :)

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.