Thursday, December 19, 2019

SLJ Day 2 Activity 3: Miracle On The Hudson

For this activity, we would like to hear about a time when you, or someone you know, was brave like Sully.
On your blog, recount a time when you (or someone else you know) did something brave.
I'm not really sure if this is "brave" but this year I got 3 teeth pulled out (Side note: I hate the dentist) they did numb my mouth and gums but there was a sharp pain every time one got pulled out. I didn't feel some of them come out but my gums kept bleeding for atleast 10 minutes. I had to get these teeth pulled out because my adult teeth were growing over top. I found it really hard to swallow at first but I got used to it. My dentist experience wasn't that bad as my brothers who had to get 6 teeth removed and one was a really big tooth that had a weird hook off his tooth inside his gums. So I guess my brother and I both did some brave things this year.

6 comments:

  1. Hello again Bridget,

    I don't really like the dentist either, and I had to go and get my two teeth out for the exact same reason that you had to as well.

    I think it is a brave thing that you have to go and do even when you don't like the dentist! At least you only had to get three removed instead of six like your brother did!

    Are you doing anything for the holidays?

    Keep up the good blogging and have a good Christmas and holidays

    Caitlyn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again Caitlyn, thanks for commenting on my blog again! I don't think many people like the dentist, I hope it wasn't painful getting your teeth pulled out. For the holidays I'm probably going to just go swimming in the back of the farm and not do much. I hope you also have a good Christmas to.
      -Bridget :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Bridget,

      I wasn't to painful getting them out as I got numbing cream but afterwards it was a bit sore!. That's cool, I am definitely going to be going swimming as well over the holidays.

      Caitlyn :)

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Bridget!

    How has your holiday been so far? Have you done anything exciting over the past few weeks?

    This is definitely an example of bravery! It was very brave of you, especially because you don’t like the dentist. Three teeth would have been really hard. I had to have one tooth removed for the same reason and I was very scared.

    Did you have to eat soft foods afterwards? How did you mouth feel when it was numb. I remember when my mouth was numb is felt so funny! I hope you have recovered well!

    Thank you for doing so many posts for the Summer Learning Journey! I’m really enjoying reading them all!

    Matilda :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Matilda!
      My holidays have been pretty good I turned 13 on the 3rd of January and had a couple of friends over. The dentist said try not to eat or drink anything for about ten minutes. My mouth also felt really weird and I found it hard to swallow. I'm still trying to keep up with the activities, I'm glad they're not too boring to read.
      -Bridget :)

      Delete
    2. Hey Bridget!

      Happy birthday!! I hope you had a really great day! How does it feel to be 13? Do you feel any different? :P

      You have been doing so well with the activities! I love how you take your time to make sure you write a lot for each activity! I'm about to go read some of your other posts now so you'll probably see the notifications coming through!

      Talk later!
      Matilda :)

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.