Monday, January 20, 2020

SLJ Week 3 Day 2 Activity 3: Hidden Figures


For this activity we would like you to give coding a try. Click on the link for the website: code.org. If you try an activity and it is too easy, try a harder level!


On your blog, post a screenshot of your completed shape. Underneath the shape tell us what you thought of the coding app. Is it good? Why/why not?
Personally I didn't really like this app, from the 5 levels I did it just seemed really simple and it feels like you're restricted to making just shapes. In my own time I would'nt use this app, I might not like the app because I already know how to code but it's an ok app for beginners. Personally I love Scratch which is another coding app and I've made games and "animated" stories on Scratch. Also on Scratch you are free to make what ever you like and there is lots of easy tutorials.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Bridget,

    Good job on this activity. I also didn't really like this app, mainly because I don't like coding much and its just not really my thing and not for me. I've used Scratch before and that was quite a cool app. You sound like You are good at coding.

    Keep up the good work,

    Caitlyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bridget!

    Thank you for this post! I really like how you were able to give your opinion on this website! The shape you made is very cool!

    Do you do coding at school? Do you like using Scratch? I used Scratch at school to make a game. I really enjoyed it! It was quite hard though.

    What were your animated stories about? I wonder if you could use Scratch for some of the Summer Learning Journey activities? That would be really cool to see!

    Well done on this one Bridget!

    Matilda :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.