Monday, January 20, 2020

SLJ Week 2 Day 5 Activity 3

For this activity, choose one person and read all about them.
On your blog, provide us with:
  1. The name of the person
  2. A description of the work they do/have done
  3. An explanation of how they/their work has had an impact on the lives of others

    For this activity I have chosen Xi Jinping

Xi jinping Brazil 2013.png
Xi Jinping is the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China. He is also the President of the People's Republic of China. He is also the Chairman of the Central Military Commission. Xi Jinping's work has impacted the lives of the people of China by being one of China's top decision maker. Xi Jinping has impacted the life of his wife Peng Liyuan since he has been married to her since 1987 which means he was only 24 when he got married. Xi Jinping also has a daughter and lives in Zhongnanhai, China. He was born in Beijing, China on the 15th of June 1953 making him 66 turning 67 this year. He was the Governor of Fujian from 1999 to 2002. 





Image: LINK

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bridget,

    Xi Jinping is a super important figure! Not only has he impacted the lives of his wife and daughter, he has also impacted all of China! Did you know that there are nearly 1.4 billion people living in China? I think that is pretty wild, my brain cannot even fathom that many people existing.

    It looks like he has held a lot of powerful positions, including his current Presidency. Can you imagine being the President of a Country? Could you do it? I don’t know if I could handle all that attention to be honest.

    Thanks for sharing this blog post Bridget, keep up the great mahi!

    Beren
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beren, thanks for commenting on my blog!

      Before this activity I didn't know a lot about Xi Jinping. I didn't know there was 1.4 billion people living in China, I just knew there were lots of people living there. I agree it is pretty crazy that there is that many people living in one country.

      I don't think I would be able to handle the responsibilities of being President, espicialy a country as big as China. Again thanks for commenting on my blog!

      -Bridget :)

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.