Monday, January 20, 2020

SLJ Week 2 Day 5 Activity 2: Leading By Example

For this activity, we would like you to follow in their footsteps and perform a random act of kindness.
On your blog, describe your random act of kindness. What did you do? How did the person react? How did it make you feel?
For my random act of kindness one night I decided to cook dinner for my Mum and brother Hamish. Some people might cook dinner or bake things every day, but I don't cook much and I'm not a very good cook. But one night I decided I would cook dinner for my Mum and brother, I used  a recipe I learnt at technology. My other brother Shaun was away in Australia and my Dad doesn't like pasta. 
My Mum and Hamish were pretty happy I think that I cooked them something, they also said it tasted pretty good which boosted my confidence in cooking a bit. I felt pretty good that I cooked something and it wasn't too bad. This might be a small random act of kindess but I think I might try cook dinner again when Mum is really stressed out or I feel like doing something. I also now can make pancakes from scratch, which is a step up from just cooking toast.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Bridget,

    Thank you for sharing your act of kindness. Cooking dinner for your family is a great way to help out, especially when you are still building your confidence in the kitchen. I am sure your mother and brother were super grateful. I enjoy cooking, but I get a bit nervous when I have to cook for other people. It can be a bit stressful, but I think that will fade over time. You more you do it, the better you will get!

    Oh, I love pancakes! What do you put on them? I like eating my pancakes with bananas, blueberries, and maple syrup, it’s so yummy! I am getting hungry just thinking about it… Time for my lunch soon I think!

    Thanks again for sharing this blog post with us! What food would you like to cook next?

    Beren
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beren, thanks for commenting on my blog!

      I do try with cooking and I guess it is a 'big deal' but not really. My Mum and brother were greatful and even if it tasted bad they still said it was good. It is stressful cooking for other people, I worry about somehow giving the people I cook for food poisoning (I haven't so that's good).

      I also love pancakes, I like to put lemon juice and sugar on my pancakes and they taste really nice (I love sweet things). Again thanks for commenting on my blog!

      -Bridget :)

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.