Saturday, December 21, 2019

SLJ Day 4 Activity 1: Making A Racket

For this activity, watch these videos about Serena and Venus Williams.
On your blog, tell us three things that you learned from watching these videos, as well as one thing you would still like to know.
Here is 3 of the things I learnt:
  1. That men get paid heaps more than women in sports
  2. Serena Williams has won 23 grand slams and earned $80M during her career
  3. Novak Djokovic is the highest paid male and has won only 12 grand slams and has won over $100M 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bridget!

    Well done finding out these facts. You have done well to find all this information!

    Did you know that Serena Williams is in New Zealand at the moment? She’s playing in a tournament in Auckland. I think that it would be amazing to be able to watch her play in real life!

    If you had the chance to meet her what are some questions you would want the answer to? I would want to know how long she spends training! Or maybe I would ask her what was her favourite tournament and why! What would you want to know?

    Keep up the awesome posts Bridget! I’m having so much fun reading them all!

    Matilda :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Matilda, Thanks for commenting on my blog!
      I looked at both videos to find a mix of information. I also didn't know Serena Williams was in New Zealand, I've only been to Auckland once but it would be cool to go there again and watch her play. I would probably ask who is her biggest supporter? Or how many tourtaments has she played in over all? Again thanks for commenting on my blog!
      -Bridget :)

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.