Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Summer Learning Journey #13 Towering Timbers

My Task: On your blog tell us whether you think logging should be allowed in New Zealand. Be sure to provide at least two reasons to support your argument.

I think logging should be aloud in New Zealand because there is plenty of forest and will provide more jobs. But if  the logging industries start to destroy too many trees without re-planting them, then I think they need to go around and re plant the trees and have a break from cutting down trees in summer. So I think it should be aloud as long as they re-plant and think whether they need to cut down the trees.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Bridget,

    I'm Evelyn and I am working with the Summer Learning Journey team for 2018-2019 to read and follow amazing blog posts like yours! I am so excited to read what pops into that wonderful brain of yours and hope you are having fun on this journey!

    I must say, it's very interesting to hear what you think and have to say about logging. I honestly love the way you have thought about this topic as well as the ideas you have come up with and I completely agree with you. Logging definitely has its consequences and that's why the government has set a goal to plant one billion trees by the year 2028. That's a lot of trees! If you would like to find out more information about the One Billion Trees Programme, head on over to the website I have linked here:
    https://www.mpi.govt.nz/funding-and-programmes/forestry/planting-one-billion-trees/

    Happy blogging,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.