Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Summer Learning Journey #14 Living On The Edge

My Task: On your blog, write a letter to your best friend or a family member telling them about your trip to the tundra. To earn full points your letter must have a greeting (eg. Dear…) followed by 5 – 6 sentences of information about what your experience.


Dear Family
As you know I am on a trip in Tundra, it is really cold!
There are some cool animals around like the snowy owl and theres more animals.
I am enjoying it here but I kind of miss being around home but I will be back soon.
I've meet some other people visiting Tundra and they are really nice.
I've also learnt some things about here like the permafrost prevents trees from growing because the roots need to go deep and can't grow. I will explain more about my trip and what I learnt here. I will be back in around 4 days, see you soon.
From: Bridget

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Bridget,

    Superb work on following the instructions and addressing a letter to someone properly, great start. I love that you have chosen to write to your family, I think I would have chosen to write to my family too.

    You've done a wonderful job of describing the place and your experience, I almost feel like I've been there before and experienced the tundra myself! It's great to see you including factual and useful information to better describe the tundra as well as providing explanations. I had no idea why trees couldn't grow there but now I know so thank you for sharing!

    The tundra really is a cold place... Do you think you would like to go and visit it? I've never been in actual snow before so I wouldn't know if I could take the cold weather there! I think it would be pretty cool to visit the tundra though, it would be such a different and interesting experience.

    Best,
    Evelyn :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.