Sunday, January 5, 2020

SLJ Week 2 Day 1 Activity 2

For this activity, we would like you to calculate Jessa’s age when she won the NAIDOC Youth of the Year award. She was born on 7 April 1985 and she received the award on 9 July 2010. Please provide the answer to this question in years, months and days (eg. 20 years, 6 months and 2 days).
On your blog, please post both your final answer and an explanation of how you solved this maths problem. You could write your explanation, or use screencastify to record yourself explaining how you solved it.
The answer: 25 years, 3 months and 2 days
To get the answer for the years I did 15 + 1985 which equals 2000 then 2000 + 10 = 2010
To get the answer for months I just had to think how many full months are between April 7th & July 9th which is 3 months with a remainder of 2 days.
To get the answer for days I just thought how many days are between the 7th & the 9th, 2 and thats my answer
I hope this explantion wasn't too confusing but it worked in my head.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bridget

    Great work with solving this maths problem. It is great that you can always show how you worked the problem out. Your teacher will always want to see how you got the answer that you did.

    Do you like maths? What is your favourite subject?

    Mine was always reading as I love to curl up with a good book. I don't get enough time anymore to just read.

    Thanks for completing another activity.

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allie, Thanks for commenting on my blog!
      I do actually really enjoy maths, and I like to think I'm not too bad at maths. Maths is one of my favourite subjects, but it's tied with P.E and Art. I also really love reading, I've read so many books and I've enjoyed them all. Again thanks for commenting on my blog!
      -Bridget :)

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.