Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Summer Learning Journey #30 Faded Glory

My Task: On your blog, list three different ideas or strategies for raising funds to preserve the Great Barrier Reef. What could you do to fundraise here in New Zealand?

Option 1: Put a raffle table outside supermarkets and make the tickets like $2 and have around 5 decent prizes or prize baskets.

Option 2: Have a sausage sizzle outside somewhere popular

Option 3: If the people running the protect the reef thing have kids at a big primary school, if they have to wear uniforms the could say $1 for mufti, $2 for a sausage sizzle & have other activites you have to pay for and if the school is big the people would get a lot of money. This idea could or could not work.


1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Bridget,

    My name is Rachel and I am working with the Summer Learning Journey blogging programme. It is amazing to see how much of the programmme you have already completed. Wow! Way to go!

    I have worked on the SLJ for the past four years and rarely seen anyone complete so many activities in December. It is clear that you have been really motivated and worked really hard. Speaking of working hard, I think that you have come up with three great ways in which we could work hard to raise fund to help protect the Great Barrier Reef.

    I have often seen groups of people selling sausages or baked goods at the entrance to stores as a way of raising money for various things. There is always a team of people selling sausages in front of the entrance to Bunnings here in Auckland. Do people sell sausages or baked goods to raise money in your hometown?

    I really hope that, one way or the other, we are able to come together and raise the money that is required to preserve and restore the Great Barrier Reef to its former glory. I have never been to the reef but I have heard that it was once the most beautiful underwater environment in the world.

    Well, I better head away as I have to make lunch for my family. I think that I will make some sushi because we all love it here in our family. In fact, we love most meals that have rice in them as long as the rice is the regular kind and not the creamed variety. I can see from your Special Sinks post that you don't like cream rice very much either! I can totally understand!

    Wishing you a lovely day with your family and a great start to 2019.

    We'll look forward to reading your posts in the new year.

    Bye for now,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.