Tuesday, August 21, 2018

My Version Of Little Red Riding Hood

Little Red Riding Hood… With A Twist!


This is a story about a little girl, she was called Catherine. Catherine was only 7 years old, she had long
luxurious brown hair and sapphire blue eyes. She always wore her favourite red cloak  made with care
and love by her grandma. So the village knew Catherine as little red riding hood, everybody knew each
other there. The village Catherine lived in wasn’t really a village. There were 7 cabins scattered out in
the field and there was a total of 14 people in Birchville. One day while Catherine was skipping around
her backyard filled with the brightest of flowers and the buzziest of bees. Finally Catherine decided
that she better get down stairs and see her mother. Catherine’s mother was called Lisa, she told
Catherine in the nicest way possible that her grandma was ill. That upset Catherine very much so she
said “Is there any way I can help?” Her mother replied by telling her she was making a “Magical”
soup that will make her grandma feel better.  Catherine started to bounce around with joy saying
“I’ll do it, I’ll do it!” Her mother whispered
“Here is the magical soup ok, you need to make sure nothing happens to it” Catherine nodded her head
and skipped off to the woods, where she would soon deliver the soup to her grandma. The last thing
Catherine heard from her mother was “Watch out for the wolves, don’t trust them!” Catherine yelled
back “Yes mummy!” Then Catherine became little red riding hood for her journey.

Little red riding hood was singing as graceful as a dove. She skipped along and suddenly she stopped
with shock as she looked sorrowfully at the little wolf. He was whimpering hiding underneath a tree.
Little red riding hood slowly walked over and asked the wolf “Are you ok?” Little red riding hood
completely forgot her mothers safety orders, don't talk to wolves. The wolf looked down at the ground
sorrowfully and shook his head. The little girl asked “Is there anything I can do to help?”
The wolf looked up and replied in a sad voice. “Well you could help by telling me where you are going,”
the wolf’s frown slowly turned into an evil smirk. He knew that the little girl was gullible and that he
could trick her. The little girl replied by saying,
“I’m going to my grandmas house! She lives in the little birch shack”
“That's all I need to know” mumbled the wolf rubbing his hands together,
then running off into the woods going towards his lair. The wolf ran into the wolf lair and proudly
announced to the wolves that there was a new village they could take over.
 The other wolves cheered with joy. Then they all huddled together and put together their evil plan, they
won’t need any food for the rest of the year.The other wolves spilt off towards the village while the leader
wolf went back towards little red riding hood.


Meanwhile in the village (Lisa’s point of view)


I was hanging out the washing, when suddenly I hear a loud group of footsteps approaching the village.
I dropped the washing and looked over the fence to see a horrible sight, it was the wolves!
I panicked looking around frantically, then my heart dropped as I heard my front door open.
Catherine couldn’t of been back already, I knew I had to hide so I jumped into the closest bush panting
with fear. I tried to keep as quiet as I could, I froze in fear as I hear the wolf calling my name.
The wolf looked at me for as long as a flash of lightning, then acted like he didn’t see me. I knew I
had to bail so I tried to jump over the fence but I was to slow. The wolf pounced on me and dug his claws
into me “What are you up to little lady?” said the wolf with an evil grin growing on his face.
“Nn-nothing” replied Lisa with a stutter,
“Well let's have some fun then” said the wolf digging his claws in even more.
The wolf lead Lisa into the house before Lisa tried to run with all her effort but failed.
“Well since you tried to run looks like it's only going to be  fun for me” said the wolf before grabbing
Lisa and biting into her neck. Lisa let out a blood curdling scream “Oh I better clean up the evidence,”
said the wolf with evil grin before eating Lisa with showing no mercy before running off to another house.
Many screams later the village had been abandoned by humans, and the only population was wolves.

Little red riding hood passed this beautiful flower field filled with the brightest colours.

Little red riding hood thought to herself they are so bright that would brighten grandma’s mood.
Little did little red riding hood know that the wolf was right behind her. Part one of the wolf’s plan was
done to distract the little girl, so he moved onto part two… The wolf crunched & cracked as he moved
along slowly gaining the house. The wolf practiced his girly voice along the way
“Grandma I’ve bought you some soup, no no to croaky”. Many hours later of talking like a girl the
wolf had finally  mastered the voice and made it to her grandma’s house.
“Hello Grandma I have bought you some soup mother made you!” said the wolf using his girly voice.
“Just open the door it’s unlocked” said grandma unexpected of what was to come next.
The wolf sneaked in holding back his laugh, the wolf wandered around until he found the bedroom.
The wolf peeked his head in when the grandma said “Oh Grim Reaper I was waiting for you to come”
the wolf shrugged and pounced onto the grandma before ripping her heart out, leaving blood everywhere
and all over his hand. The wolf threw the heart into his mouth “tasty, I’m going to save the rest for late”.
He ripped off a leg and chewed on that for a while before he realised he had to get into his disguise.

Thirty minutes later little red riding hood arrived and said
“Hello grandmother it is I little red riding hood and I have bought you some soup”
the wolf pulled the bonet down over his face and said “The door is unlocked come in”
Little red riding hood skipped joyfully down the hallway heading towards her ‘grandmother’.
She walked into her room and studied her ‘grandmother’ carefully and noticed something fishy about her.
Little red riding hood realised it was the wolf and strategically said “I’m just going to heat up the soup”
even though she was doing something much more sinister. Little red riding hood put the soup down and
picked up a knife, she snuck back into her ‘grandmother's’ room. Little red riding hood asked
“Do you want to try the soup?” she was trying to hide the knife behind her back “Of course dear”
the wolf replied thinking that he was the real evil one. Little red riding hood walked up to the wolf and
plunged the knife into his heart, blood started pouring out of the wolf’s now lifeless body. Little red riding
hood looked in disgust at the once white bed turn red. Little red riding hood left the knife in the wolf and
slowly backed away leaving the wolf’s body in the bed. Little red riding hood noticed the wolf cave was
empty and a horrible true thought came into her head. That was that the  whole village was dead and
taken over by wolves, so she started a new life in the woods surrounded by nature and the things she loved.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I really liked this it was very descriptive and gruesome! I like how Little Red Riding Hood actually realised it was the wolf unlike in the real version. It's very good just next time try not make the words go off the page.

    If you want to check out my blog go to
    https://lakebrunnerloganc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.