Monday, December 16, 2019

SLJ Day 1 Activity 3: Scaling New Heights

For this activity, please select a charity that you are interested in. You may choose your own or use one from our list (below). Read about the charity.
On your blog, write a short explanation of what the charity does.

The charity I chose is the SPCA, SPCA stands for Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. The SPCA is a charity that helps animals in need and looks after them. The SPCA helps protect over 40,000 animals in New Zealand every year. They help protect animals that are injured, sick, abused or abandoned by their owner. Personally I think the SPCA is a great charity because I am a big animal lover.  
Image result for spca 
Image result for spca<This dog was left tied to a bin on SH1 (which is a really busy high way) and the SPCA rescued the small dog.




Image 1: Link
Image 2: Link





4 comments:

  1. Hi Bridget
    This an interesting post. I like the way you have added a example.
    Keep up the great work
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bridget!

    Well done on this post! The SPCA do such an amazing job at helping sick and hurt animals! They are definitely a good charity to learn about! You’ve done a good job to find out these facts! I love the way you included and example of an animal that was helped by the SPCA!

    I know it can be hard when you’re finding facts but please make sure you are writing in your own words! Otherwise you won’t be able to get full points. Also please make sure if you are using images from the internet you include a link!

    You are doing awesome posts for the summer learning journey so far! I’m having so much fun reading them all!

    Matilda :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Matilda! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I know the SPCA are a great charity, my brother used to want to adopt a dalmation from the SPCA. Sometimes I do just write down whats on the website, sorry about that. I'll go edit this post and leave links to where I got the images. Anways thanks for commenting on my blog! If there is anything else I missed/need to change, feel free to tell me. -Bridget :)

      Delete
    2. Hey Bridget!

      Thanks for going back and adding the links! This is a lot better! Thank you!

      Matilda :)

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.