Monday, December 17, 2018

Summer Learning Journey #4 The Tāne Mahuta Tree

In this activity I had to explain why I would/would not want to visit the Tāne Mahuta tree in real life.

I would like to visit the Tāne Mahuta tree in real life because I would get to fly up on a plane to see it. Also I would want to see whether I could hug the tree and my arms could fit around it, or to see how many people it would take to get a circle around the tree. It would also be cool to get a photo of it and see how huge it is.

Image result for Tāne Mahuta Tree

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bridget

    Tane Mahuta is a really magnificent tree and if you have not been there it really is worth the effort to go and visit the forest.
    I am lucky enough to have seen Tane Mahuta as I was born up in Northland and have been to the forest.
    It would take quite a few people to join arms around the trunk of this huge kauri tree. I think it would be about 30 people.
    It is a real shame that there is the disease that is effecting the kauri trees is so close to Tane Mahuta. I sure hope that they are able to stop it from getting any closer to Tane Mahuta. It is good that the visitors are all obeying the rules and washing their shoes when they enter and leave the forest.

    Remember to attribute your photos that you use. I will put a link below and if you copy and paste it into your browser it will show you how to do this.


    https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VKjkMGwBrk2YI6Vtmg91OAQljr_T3ZSV6YZtu6MWFNM/edit​

    Keep up the good work.

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.